PG13

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Not so Bad

I decided that I couldn't wait for yarn to come in the mail, so I went to my LYS and purchased four balls of pace by universal yarns to start my flower basket shawl. It is a sock yarn, so nothing too fancy, but it is working out much better then the lace wight was for me. I have finished two repeats.

The yarn is a dark brown, which I like for now. I may decide to over dye it later, if I can. We'll see.


He who shall not be named was is town this weekend. His plane landed in St. Louis Friday night at 8:45 pm, and he called to see if I wanted to have dinner with his parents and him that night. It went well. I brought Purl over to his parents on Saturday so she could play with their Swiss Mountain Dog, Jackie. They are close to the same size, and only a month apart in age, so they are a lot of fun to watch together. His mom is a spinner, so she made me yarn for Christmas. It is beautiful.


This picture really does not do the yarn justice. There is 400 yards of the dark brown and 200 yards of the peach. It is 50% alpaca, 25% merino, and 25% angora. I can't wait to knit with this stuff.

His parents had a party last night for a friend that is leaving for Officer Training School next week, so I went to that last night. It was odd, because I kept getting asked when we were going to get married. It wasn't really the time or place to say we weren't together anymore. His plane back to Oakland left St. Louis at 6:45 this morning. He has a gig tonight in San Francisco. I am glad I saw him. I am ok with how things ended up finally. More importantly, I am ok.

Today I have watched 8 episodes of the Dog Whisperer. Poor Purl doesn't stand a chance.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

The shawl is looking so good, and the yarn is to die for. So. Jealous.