PG13

Friday, December 22, 2006

Bordom and Coffee

I am bored silly. Everyone got to leave work early today, except me. In return, I'll get to leave early next Friday while they all have to stay.So it works out in the end. After work I have to go pick up a Christmas present for my brother - he is getting his family a dog. I'm going to meet him in Sullivan, MO to make the exchange - I don't want to force another dog to ride in the car with Purl. She's still too obnoxious when it comes to other animals. She doesn't realize that she weighs 80lbs and other animals don't want to play with her.
I went to stitch and bitch last night at The Crooked Tree. It was my first time back since He Who Shall Not Be Named left. Most of the members don't know about what's going on. He and I used to go to the tree on the weekends, since they are opened late and have wireless internet. I'm glad I got there early, because we were friends with several of the barista's, which is honestly part of the reason I haven't been in a while. As it was, it has been almost a month and I still started to tear up. Luckily, I think they understand why I haven't been around.
I finished my first Anastasia sock. I'm worried that the bind off is a little loose, but we'll see. It's my first ever toe-up sock. For the most part, I like toe-up, and think it may become my preferred way of knitting socks. I'm not crazy about provisional cast ons, mainly because can't tell which loop to knit into! I'm sure this something that will get better with practice. So, have I started the second sock yet? Nope!I decided that I want to knit Christmas socks with some left over Lorna's Lace that I have (it's the 22nd. Sure, I'll get those done in time for Christmas. Next Year!).
I'll post pitures after Christmas. I promise.

No comments: