PG13

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Bad Day



Today is a Bad Day. Granted, right now, that's not that odd. It started out ok. I volunteer most Saturdays at the Foundry Art Centre here in St. Charles. It went alright, until a man walked in and started yelling about an upside down Christmas tree used as decoration was against God. He was cussing during his tirade about how horrible we were. I found this ironic, because there were kids in the building, and WE were the horrible ones. I pointed out to the rest of the staff that if hadn't been the Christmas tree he probably would have yelled about the art work being inappropriate. I also took Purl to meet Santa at Pet Smart. I will try to post the picture. Afterward, we went for a very long walk in an attempt to get rid of some of her energy. This attempt failed.


In knitting news (finally) I spent most of the day tinking back my anastasia sock. After not working on it for so long I completely messed up the pattern. My eyelets stopped swirling and started zig-zagging. And yes, I know it would have been faster to frog the many rows I tinked, but I don't think I'm brave enough to try and pick up yarn-overs and knit 2 together's.


For the most part, I'm doing ok. I haven't broken down in public (with the exception of Thursday, which involved beer and friends, so it doesn't count), and I haven't felt overly sad since last week. That's the problem. I think I was too exhausted and numb from studying to really feel anything. And now, I don't have school to distract me. So today is a Bad Day. I think I'm going to drink a little bit, and maybe take Purl for another walk. That usually helps distract me. In the mean time, here's a picture. I have had Purl for a year and half, and this Wednesday was the first time my cat has willingly stayed when Purl tries to join her on the bed (ignore the laundry on the bed, I hadn't gotten around to putting it away yet).

No comments: