PG13

Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Knits

So that whole Christmas sock thing? It's out the window. If I could figure out the provincial cast-on, I might still be working on them, but for now, no Christmas sock. Honestly, I probably wouldn't have finished them anyway, since today is Christmas. Instead, I decided to start Ethereal Fichu. So far I have started this 4 times, and since on row 24 I have an extra stitch, I guess I'll be starting again. I am using Alpaca with a Twist's Fino, which is probably the only reason I am willing to start this a 5th time.
I spent Christmas with my parents this weekend. Poor Purl took 8 walks in 3 days. Now that we are back home she is sound asleep on my bed, pretty much unwilling to move. My parents had all of the nieces and nephews Saturday and Sunday - there are 4 total. My brother and sister-in-law work weekends, so my parents and hers usually split the kids to help out. The oldest nephew (3) had a children's choir concert in church on Sunday, so my parents got all 4. I need a vacation from this vacation! Luckily, my parents had wine, so I survived. Plus, I got books! About Knitting! Socks! Santa brought Sensational Knitted Socks, Knitting on the Road, and Knitting Vintage Socks! I am very excited about this. I also got season one of The Dog Whisperer. This will hopefully teach me some useful information for Purl.
I hope everyone's Christmas was as good as mine.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Purl's unwilling to move? I can't quite get a picture of that... The lace pattern is gorgeous, but I'm pretty sure it would be kicking my but too.