PG13

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Beginnings

I've decided that I am not going to look back at the last year here, for several reasons. One, I just stared this blog in December, so there's not a lot to look back on blog wise. Second, while this year has brought several little good things, it has also delivered a couple crushing blows. I've also never really been good at new year's resolutions. For the past two years I've said I want to continue living healthy. For the most part I have stuck to this, though it probably wouldn't hurt to eat at home more - and I don't mean picking up take out and bringing it back home to eat. I used to enjoy cooking, but I got tired of making grilled chicken and vegetables. I don't like leftovers, so I need to make things that have small portions. I've also recently gotten into the habit of taking Purl on walks every night. I started doing this for both our mental health's after He Who Shall Not Be Named decided to leave. Purl was used to having someone around to play with during the day, so she had some excess energy to work off. They're not long walks, usually around 1/2 hour, but they help. I want to keep this up into the new year, maybe add distance or leg weights for added benefit.
I want to finish more of the projects that I start. I also want to try more things. I am working on my first lace piece, so finishing the Flower Basket Shawl will cover both those goals. I also want to try cables, and to knit a sweater.
I need to start following a budget. I'm thinking about joining knit-knacks's yarn-focus challenge #2. It's easier to follow than a yarn diet, but with the same effect. I'm hoping the challenge will help keep me motivated.
Vogue's new preview is up. There are a couple things in there that I like, as well as a few that I can't imagine anyone actually wearing, which is pretty typical for a Vogue issue.
In Flower Basket news, I have finished my 5th repeat of the pattern (you might not think this is exciting, but believe me, for me, this is speed knitting). I'll post pictures next time, promise.

No comments: