PG13

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Wine + Socks = No Homework.

I have finals on Monday. This quarter has not been great, what with He Who Shall Not Be Named leaving and all. I havn't really looked at my text book since our last test, which was around the time he told me he was moving. We've covered six chapters since then. I think I'm going to be in trouble. I also have to prepare a marketing plan to present to the class. I might need to buy LOTS of coffee.
In the middle of studing last night I decided I needed a break, so I called a friend Deb to see if she wanted to go out. We ended up buying a couple bottles of wine and some ice cream. (Poor girl got MAULED by Purl - in a friendly way, but still). Needless to say, I really didn't get much studying done. But I had fun, and feel a little bit better. It helps to know that my not having the energy to knit right now is fairly normal.

I am working on a sock right now. The pattern is called Anastasia by pepperknit. I am using Lorna's Laces shepard sock in Baltic Sea. These are my first attempt at toe-ups, and so far I love them. The pattern is super simple and easy to memorize. I'm hoping that after this week I'll feel more like knitting again, since I'll be done with school for a bit. My plan is to knit until I run out of yarn. I need to look around to try and figure out how high up I can knit until I need to start the cuff. I'm guessing I can go pretty high, since the last time I used Lorna's Lace I got a sock and a half out of one skein (I guess I could always measure the leg on the other pair and multiply, but that would be too simple).
I better stop procrastenating now, since, you know, I have four more chapters of strategic marketing to read.

1 comment:

Mintyfresh said...

your Anastasia looks amazing! great job!