PG13

Thursday, December 7, 2006

Baby, your mine.

I had Purl spayed when she was almost a year old. I had meant to do it sooner, but the day I made the first appointment to have it done, she went into heat. The vet said she had systs on her overies, which caused her to go into a false pregnacy. She had a stuffed duck for her baby, and she took it with her everywhere. If either I or the other touched her "baby" she would start crying frantically. It was heartbreaking to watch. Things were made worse by the fact that she caught broncitis at the vets, so the duck's fibers were making her cough. We eventually had to hide the duck until she got over the broncitis, and eventually it stopped being her baby and became a toy.

Today at Pet Smart I bought her a little honking moose. I think I made a mistake.




No comments: