PG13

Saturday, February 3, 2007

The tale of the Lorna's Lace

Shortly after photographing the mess that my green sock yarn had become, Purl struck again. My own fault, really. I should know better then to leave yarn, especially yarn she has already shown interest in, sitting out on the sofa where she can get. Honestly, though, this interest in yarn of hers is a new thing. Normally she ignores it because she knows she will get yelled at if she so much as sniffs my yarn. But once she decides she wants something there is no hope. She is a very determined dog, and will stop and nothing to get "her" toy. So she attacked my yarn again. This time she ate the needles, so there was no saving the sock I had started. Luckily I had only knit the toe. Unfortunately, the yarn was one giant knot.

So this,

Became this...

Which became this (this part used to be the toe).


Which has become this (Cat included for scale - also, she refused to move).

The yarn is currently soaking in citrus Soak in order to remove all traces of doggy drool. Once they are done soaking I will hang the yarn up to dry, then turn them into 3 minny center pull balls!

Oh the excitement here at Chez PG13!

No comments: