PG13

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Change

I am stuck at a Bread Company while waiting or my car to get fixed at the Dobbs next door. I will be here for approximately 5 hours before they finish my car. Thank God for wireless Internet! And being well prepared with books to read, homework to ignore, and knitting. I have to be out of here by 5 tonight, because I get to babysit for the aforementioned cutest little girl ever.
While I am here I need to work on my resume. I need to find a job that has to do with my degree - art management. And also, I just need a new job. I need to get out of the place I currently work. I have been there for three and 1/2 years, and to say I am over it would be putting it mildly. It was never supposed to be a permanent thing. I started there while I was working on my undergrad, and it was a great place to work part time as a student. But I'm still there, and it has become less great. A LOT less great. I've sent resumes out in the past, but always for positions that I kind of know I have no chance at. So today I made myself promise to send it out to a couple of places I may have a shot at. Just one or two places a week until I hear back from some place. Maybe even to places with internship possibilities. Because I need a change. And I need it soon.

No comments: