PG13

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Almost Done!

I have finished the knitting portion of my Seaman's Scarf. I meant to get the two ends grafted together and have it off the needles today, but, well, life got in the way. I went grocery shopping first, then went to the Crooked Tree with Deb.
I should probably lay off the caffeine for a while. At least until I get a job to pay for the coffee. By the time I got home I was too wound up (I had 3 cups altogether today) to even try and figure out how to graft ribbing. I think I have it figured out, but thinking it and doing it are two completely different things. And yes, the corner of the coffee table is chewed. No, Purl did not do it. I got the table from some friends when they moved out of the building. It is pretty solid (I can stand on it), so I chose to just ignore the chewed on corners. I figured it would only be a matter of time before Purl got to it anyway, so for now I might as well not have a really nice one. This way I can't get too mad at her when she mistakes the table for her bone.
Now that I am mostly done with the scarf I started swatching for my first sweater! Not only did I swatch, I soaked the yarn and remeasured! The sweater is Something Red by Knit and Tonic, and I am using Debbie Bliss silk alpaca in burgundy. I was a little unsure of the yarn, but after a nice soak


it lost a lot of the fuzziness that had developed from sitting in my knitting bag for a long time. This picture shows the color best, kind of a nice eggplanty color. I love it! Now I just have to go buy some circulars so I can cast on.

1 comment:

mle said...

Oooo! that's going to be a pretty color for Something Red! and you won't be sorry you washed your swatch....I've had to learn about that along the way. ;-)