PG13

Saturday, January 6, 2007

Sigh

I am beginning to loose faith in my ability to read a pattern. I am in the middle of the 6th repeat in the flower basket shawl, and somehow, I ended up with 3 less stitches then I am supposed to have (this is after repeatedly ending up with one extra stitch during all the other repeats).











Here is a picture of the progress to date. As you can see, the shawl is growing nicely. I'm going to have to find something new to lay the shawl on for the next picture, I believe.

















And here is a close up of where I am trying to fix the mistake - I refuse to frog lace. I am not picking up those stitches, it just is not happening. It doesn't look too bad. I think I must have been in the middle of a repeat and ended up starting the repeat over. I will probably end up with a wonky looking flower petal, but unless someone looks really closely, or I point out the mistake, (why do we do this - say no one will notice my mistake, then continuously point it out to anyone looking at the object. I constantly do this) no one will notice.

In other news, my classes start on Monday for the quarter. I will be taking Development and Cultural Policy for the next 9 weeks. Since I am interested in pursuing development as a career, I am looking forward to this class.
Oh, and the check engine light is on in my car. Let's hope that it doesn't turn out to be too expansive, shall we, since I need my car very badly.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you muchly for the suggestion! That place looks really nifty! I'll look into it.

My check engine light has been on for six months. We had the engine checked, and it's still there.

I don't know what else to do with it.