PG13

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Stash Dive

Those of you who know me, know that I am not exactly manogamous when it comes to my knitting. I get frusterated easily, and often just need a break from my current project. I decided that I needed something a little less frusterating then lace after Saturday's event, so I went to my stash.

When I purchased this yarn, Lana Grande by Cascade, back in October, I knew that I wanted to make a scarf. And since I really didn't know how to make cables, I knew I wanted a cabley pattern. I just had to find a pattern that I both liked, and that would work well with the thickness of the yarn (2 stitchs/inch, on size 17's). Behold the Seaman's Sarf, by knitpicks. I've already finished one ball of yarn and added several inches to the scarf (there are 2 full repeats here - I have finished 6). So far, I love both the pattern and the yarn. I tend to like reds, so I love this shade. It is very bright and bold. It is a little to thick for a sweater, but just perfect for a scarf. It also acomplishes one of my goals for the year - learn how to cable!

1 comment:

Deb said...

The cables look great in that yarn!