PG13

Saturday, April 21, 2007

When the elephants come marching in...

The exes parents have a big dog. She's a St. Burmese Mountain Dog that they got when Purl was 1 because they loved Purl. (Purl's a rottweiler / St. Bernard mix, Burmese are in the same family as both breeds. Supposedly both breeds come from Burmese). Anyway, his parents went out of town for the day and are going to be gone for over 12 hours, so they asked if I could come let Jackie out for a bit. I get to do laundry and bring Purl, so I said sure. Purl and Jackie love each other, because neither dog gets to play with other dogs their size often (his parents also have two small poodles. Jackie's head is bigger then these dogs bodies). Purl is not used to be outside by herself, so she keeps coming to the glass window and looking for me. Getting her here was also a problem - she does not like the PT cruiser. She refused to come near the car once she realized I was going to make her get in it, then slipped out of her collar when I tried to drag her over the the car. I even through treats in! Eventually I just picked her up (she weighs 80 + lbs. this is not easy to do) and put her in the back. I haven't figured out how I will get her home yet.
I am swathing for orangina in the blue king tut while I'm here (and looking at all gorgeous home spun his mom as made in the past few months. I do miss the home spun. I forgot my camera, so no pictures unless I can figure out how to get pictures from cell phone onto my laptop).

No comments: