PG13

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Belated Pictures

I finally figured out how to get the pictures off of my cell phone. It only took me four days. Not bad.

This is Purl with Jackie from Saturday. It's fun to see her with a bigger dog. It doesn't happen often.This is one of the MANY wheels owned by the exes mom. It is double treadle, and there are all sorts of other special things I am supposed to know about it, but I don't. The wheel I have that is currently never being used is a loaner from the mom.
And finally...


This is the homespun. It will soon be joining my stash. The mom (sorry, don't want to use real names, but don't really know how to refer to his family anymore) loves to spin, but doesn't knit. She's had surgery on both wrists for carpal tunnel, so she really can't anymore. Luckily she likes to give the yarn away, so after I left a note saying how pretty it was I was told I could have the yarn. Yeah!
In other knitting news, I got several rows into Orangina when I noticed that it looked huge. I normally wear a medium, so that's what I cast on for. When I looked at the pattern I realized I should be knitting a size small, so I frogged what I had. I'll start again tomorrow. Also, my cousin is coming to stay with me for a few days while our mother's go to the quilt show in Paducah KY. She has already shown an interest in yarn and knitting the last few times I saw her, so I'm hoping I can further that habit in her!

1 comment:

suze said...

a) i understand your obsession with buying yarn...i wish i didn't have to pay rent because otherwise i'd be grabbing stuff left and right from my LYS (owned by a fabulous lady named Nancy).

b) I'm trying to decide on my next project...i was thinking of making a pair of socks. either that or move onto clothing for myself. i'm nervous about knitting anything shaped for an adult. so maybe socks. if they suck, i can always make a monkey out of them, right?

c) AWESOME AWESOME sweater you made! i love the color! when i get more ambitious, i should try the pattern :).

yeah, i'm not sure when i'll be back in STL next...probably not for awhile. my sister might be moving there, though! i'm sure she wouldn't mind keeping herself busy whilst you show me around to your favorite haunts :).