PG13

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Expansion

Wow. It's been a week again. Sorry about that. I have very little progress to show you, but I will make up for this with LOTS of pictures. I am about 6 inches into the l'il red riding hoodie, but I have decided that since it requires 6 stitch markers, and I just ordered these 6 stitch markers, I have to wait for them to come in before working on it any more. Yes, I do have plain ones that will work just fine, but they are plain. And boring. Luckily the new ones were shipped today, so I should have them fairly soon.


The color in the first photo is more accurate.

I turned the heel on my plain vanilla trekking sock (yes, I am still on the first one. Why do you ask?), picked up the stitches for the gusset, knit a few rows, and realized that the heel flap was WAY to short. I keep trying to make 2 inch heel flaps so that it forms a pretty square, but sadly, this does not work. So I ripped back to the heel flap and added an inch(Those who know me are shocked by this. Typically I refuse to rip, no matter how bad the mistake. For something like a short heel, normally I would live with it. I think this is a sign I am growing. Maybe I'll go work on the scarf. On second thought, fixing a sock heel is enough growth for now).



I am also working on a pair of pants for baby G. Last year I had a lapse of judgment and ordered enough knit picks shine to knit a shrug for myself. This was not the lapse. The lapse was ordering it in a bright green shade. I wear browns, and reds, and earthy tones. Not bright apple green. However, baby G's mom loves green, and the pattern calls for 2 skeins of knit picks shine, so I will get to use some of my stash.


I went on a yarn crawl on Friday with Deb and blog-less Sarah to celebrate both of their birthdays. We started and knit and caboodle on main street here in St. Charles. Here is the wall of cascade I gushed about earlier. It still amazes me. I swear I walk into this place and get overtaken by the wool fumes. I need to just get my paycheck direct deposited to their account. I bought yarn to finish the before mentioned sweater and a skein of sock yarn - I showed considerable restraint. Purl likes the sock yarn too, see, she arranged it artistically for me. It's Jitterbug and is beautiful. It has already been re-skeined. Our next stop was Knitorius. Unfortunately, it took us way to long to get there, so it was our last stop. We meant to go to another store after this, but getting lost took over an hour of our time. Here I got enough King Tut's cotton to make a summer sweater, and a skein of Lorna's Lace in black Purl (yes, I admit the name is why I bought it.I'm a sucker for things that make me think of my dog).



I promise to try and be better this week about blogging. I can't promise I actually will, though.

1 comment:

mle said...

Naughty dog! at least you were able to get it back in to order okay. I love the color of the cotton you got!