PG13

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Foliage

Hi! I've been knitting! I have no actual proof of this knitting, since I am at work and the camera batteries are dead, but I promise you I am telling the truth. I cast on for Foliage yesterday using leftover Lamb's Pride worsted in Raspberry. I love love love this yarn (plus I may be over-caffeinated right now, which could explain the enthusiasm). I originally purchased the yarn two years ago to make my mother a pair of Fuzzy Feet for Christmas. The pattern called for two skeins. I only used a little bit of the second skein to finish the toe on the second slipper, so I have most of the skein left. I am a little worried about the itch factor, since there is a little bit of mohair in the yarn and I tend to have problems with hats anyway, but the yarn is so dang soft that I decided to risk it.
I ripped the Little Red Riding Hoodie from Domiknitrix, which really didn't have a lot of progress on it. I decided that I really didn't need a knit hoodie, and since the whole grafting the pockets AND sewing in a zipper seemed a little advanced for me I decided to scrape the project. Now I have 12 skeins of Cascade 220 in navy. I think I am going to cast on for Hourglass from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I cast on last weekend, knit 6 rows, changed my mind on the yarn for the pattern, ripped out the 6 rows, then realized I didn't have enough of the other yarn so changed my mind back. I have yet to recast on. I will though. Eventually. Soon. I have wanted to knit this sweater for a while, because it is the perfect combination of casual-cozy and stylish, so I could wear it to work when I want to be comfy without feeling like I look like a schlump.
Work is still being done on both Orangina and the child's first socks.

Also, the blues lost last night. To the Blackhawks. This does not make me a happy camper.

1 comment:

suze said...

i've only made the legwarmers from last minute knitted gifts thus far. i really want to do more. a couple of girls from my knitting group have made the stuffed animals (the elephant is adorable but a pain in the ass!). i'd LOVE to make the blanket in the back, but i priced it out, and it would be $600 with the recommended yarn. yipes.