PG13

Sunday, December 2, 2007

As promised...

I went to the Blues game last night. We won, which was a good thing, because I needed that excitement to get me through the rest of the night. We took the metro-link, St. Louis' version of public transportation. After the game we went to a friends, who lives near the rink. We thought we had until 12:30 to get back to the metro stop, since the sign said the last run west was at 12:45. I assumed that the last train west would go ALL THE WAY west. At 12:45 we hopped on the correct train, only to be told at the next stop that it was the last one and everyone had to get off! So we were stranded at Union Station at 1 am. Luckily (it seemed at the time) one of the people with me got a hold of a relative to come get us. Only after we got picked up did we realize we may have been better off trying to catch a cab. Luckily everyone made it home safely, but it was a stressful night.

In knitting related news, I finally photographed Foliage!



I haven't worn it much yet, since I live in Missouri and we are having some crazy weather. In the last two days we went from 40 degrees to 70, back to 40. I took this photo this morning on my back porch with short sleeves on. It was comfortable out side in said short sleeves. Now, it is freezing out. Hopefully I will get more chances to wear the hat!
All in all, this is a good project. It took me less then a week to knit, used up stash yarn, was well written, and kept me interested.
Here's a shot on the progress on Oblique, as well.
I haven't figured out to lighten images or correct the color on my photo editing software yet, and didn't want to take the time to figure it out now. The top photo shows the true color better, but is just a little too dark. The bottom photo is lighter and shows the detail better, but looks gray as opposed to navy blue.
Well, back to knitting. Christmas is only 23 days away!

2 comments:

Ariel said...

Great hat, and such a pretty color. Did it turn out to be itchy? I've got a fair amount of leftover Lamb's Pride myself, and that hat may be just the thing!

suze said...

omg, foliage turned out great! i need to make myself a cute stocking cap. i was thinking of doing a crocheted one, but that one looks adorable.

i finished my summertime tunic from interweave summer 07, FINALLY. i'll have pics soon! :)