PG13

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Take me to the river...

I have made progress on Orangina. I have finished the first skein and have about 12 inches of lace knit.
Unfortunately I dropped a stitch about 2 inches ago. I picked the stitch up, but as you can see, it looks a little bit odd.

I really don't want to rip back, so I'm hoping that I will be able to either block the mistake out or I will learn to live with it. Maybe I will make this the back of the tank so I can't see it. Honestly, I had to be right on top of the pattern with my camera to have the mistake show up in a picture, so that gives me hope.
I ended up ripping the cuff of my Child's First Sock out. I have tiny ankles, so there was no way the cuff was going to fit me. I'm going to re-cast on with 8 fewer stitches so that it will fit.
Purl is at the groomer getting shaved today. She's going to look so funny, but she does not handle the heat well, so it needs to be done. I have to go pick her up in a half hour, then we're going to go play in the river!

4 comments:

Ariel said...

Hi there! I finally connected your blog with the nice comments on my blog and have thoroughly enjoyed getting caught up on your posts. Re: Orangina, I've heard a lifeline helps with lace knitting. If you make a mistake, you just rip back to your lifeline (threaded through a row you know is correct), which is supposed to be much easier. Of course, I don't *do* that, but other, wiser-than-me knitters say its true.

Kristy said...

I don't see the error, if that helps you feel better....

Christy said...

I'm sure it will blend in. Just make it be the back piece. Then you'll never notice it ;)

suze said...

i love that the tiny mistake bothers you. i'm so "whatever" with my mistakes. i had a dropped stitch in my first legwarmer that showed up as a big hole, and i fixed it by sewing it up. but that was after staring at it for awhile and trying to figure out if i cared that much. i'm SO not an anal knitter :).