PG13

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Sew, how ya doing?

Lately I've been wanting to sew. It's been in the 80's here, so sitting around with a pile of wool on my lap just doesn't sound fun, especially since I strongly dislike air conditioning and try to keep the temp set as high as possible (the fact that I set it at 90 and my apartment is STILL in the 70's is also part of why I set it high. Imagine if I actually set the thermostat at 70 or 75, like a normal person). My mom gave me her old machine last summer when she got a new one, but I was never able to get it to work. The bobbin wouldn't catch, and I couldn't figure out why. My mom came up, took a look at it, and when she was convinced I hadn't just put the bobbin in backwards (she has so much faith in me), she decided she didn't know why it didn't work either (to be fair in this story, she spent about 2 minuets looking at it. She was in a hurry). Today I finally took the machine to American Sewing Machine. If you live in St. Louis and are in the market for a machine, or just need work done, I recommend this guy. He has store cats, and if that's not enough to make you want to go there, he's incredibly nice and does free estimates on machines. Anyway, I took my machine there and explained the problem. He looked at the machine, told me it was an operator error, adjusted the needle, and now it works! (Apparently I didn't have the needle in all the way. This is why the free estimate part is important. The other place in St. Charles charges $60.00 just to look at a machine). Now I can finish my Cabo Halter! Maybe there will be a finished object here soon!
Also, my birthday is on Sunday. I'm going to the opera with my dad! We're going to picnic on the lawn before hand, and have wine. Yea!

No comments: