PG13

Sunday, April 8, 2007

Something Red - Picture Heavy!

I finished knitting Something Red on Thursday night. I am so excited and can't wait to wear it. It was too wet still on Friday to wear to work, and I really have no reason to dress up on the weekends!

Here is a picture of the second sleeve while I was still working on it


This is the first sleeve, after it was finished


The finished sweater all layed out


Close up of the button. I bought it at a local quilt store called patches. I wish I had set it in a little bit more, but for now it will do. If I decide it bugs me too much I will cut and reattach it.

The raglan shaping/sleeve detail. This is the part of the patten that I really love. Well, that and the neck, and the button band, and...


The cuff


And finally, me modeling my first sweater!


I waited until I saw my neighbor Betty taking her miniature poodle, Emily, out this morning. As soon as I saw them come out I ran downstairs with my camera and sweater and begged Betty to take a picture! My neighbors are pretty used to this by now, and Betty crotchet's, so she was more then happy to help. I lucked out in the neighbor department at this place!
Pattern Specs
Pattern: Something Red by Wendy Bernard
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Silk Alpaca in color 25012 (a deep plum color). I used between 9 1/2 and 10 balls.
Mods: I made the top part of the sweater a little longer then called for. I think I have an extra long torso. I also used different yarn, but that's it.
Thoughts: I love this pattern. It was well written and easy to follow. The sweater is gorgeous, and the yarn is so soft. Overall, it seems really cozy, yet dressy enough that I can wear it to work. Chances are I will make this again.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

It looks fantastic! So impressive for your first sweater. This pattern has been on my wish list, but now that I've seen yours I want it even more!

mle said...

How beautiful it is! It really fits you well and the color is perfect! Now you're making me want to make this sweater!!

Cindy said...

What a fabulous first sweater! You did a great job.