PG13

Sunday, April 1, 2007

She's Crafty

My mom is a quilter. The first quilt she ever made was for me - the Ohio Rose - and was beautiful. When I graduated from high school she made graduation quilts for me and my my two best friends (I am still friends with both of these girls. We graduated almost 7 years ago, and have were friends in middle school in one case, and in preschool in the other. This is something I take both pride and joy in). In my opinion my mother is very talented, and has created some very beautiful and useful quilts, including this one, which now hangs on my wall.

She also made a wall hanging of Purl.
I have had this one for almost a year and just now got around to hanging it! When mom made it Purl had a collar with rhinestones on it, so mom used silver and black material for the collar! (I am very upset by the fact that I can't find a sparkle color big enough for her anymore! Big dogs need bling too!)
She made the quilt I use on my bed out of flannel material. It is so comfy!

Really, this one is just an excuse to show how Purl sleeps. This cracks me up!
I love that I finally have stuff on my walls that are not prints! I have had the same art prints up since I was a sophomore in college. It was defiantly time for a change. I'm hoping that I will be able to start saving a little bit of money each pay check to buy real art to hang up.
In knitting news, I finished the first sleeve on something Red. I know this is a bad picture, but none of my neighbors were home and I wanted to show it off!

This,





Has become this.




I got tired of unknitting rows only to find more mistakes. I still love the pattern, and plan to start over again as soon as I finish Something Red. The weather is perfect right now for a light-weight shawl worn over a tank top.

Finally, Purl and I went for a hike on the KT trail today, and I took lots of pictures. I will save those for now. Maybe I will use them in later posts so I have pictures to share for a while. It was a beautiful day, and the KT trail is gorgeous this time of year. Here is a picture of Purl has we leave the apartment. It's her first time in the cruiser, and she is not too sure about it. I had to help lift her in!
She the tail tucked? Poor girl.

2 comments:

Deb said...

The quilts are beautiful. The flannel does look so cozy, and I really like the wall hanging.

Sorry about the shawl. I tend to have the same response to a project that's not cooperating too.

Cindy said...

Your mother's quilts are beautiful!

When it comes to lace, I have to confess that I "cheat" a little on my mistakes. As long as it's only a matter of one extra or missing stitch, I take care of it right away by either picking up the yarnover that I forgot, or dropping the extra YO that wasn't supposed to be there. It's much less frustrating than tinking back a full row or two, & doesn't run the risk of creating extra mistakes due to that frustration. I've found that any slight differences in tension from fixing mistakes on the fly work themselves out quite well in the blocking.