PG13

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Surly Not!

What this? Two posts in two days? And there's knitting content? Am I seeing things? I spent yesterday and this morning working on the Seaman's scarf (I'm too lazy to find the link, it's there on the sidebar if you are really interested), and have almost finished the first skein of the second half (the first half took little more then 1 3/4 of a skein) so I am close! A few more cable repeats and lots of ribbing left, but at least it's close.


Ok, so in this picture, it looks like I have A LOT more to go, but I swear, I'm close! It also looks like the ball of yarn is trying to escape, doesn't it? It almost went over the edge of the porch, that would have been great - I'm sure the wonderful neighbors below would have loved that (yes, I am being VERY sarcastic here).

I also started a new pair of socks today. I know, I know, I still need to finish start the second Anastasia sock, but I decided to go to church this morning (yes, the surprises do keep on coming) and I didn't want to do a provisional cast on in church, because it tends to produce lots of swearing and taking the Lord's name in vain whenever I try to unzip the stitches. So I dug out some Trekking from the stash and cast on for a top down, plain vanilla sock.



I totally got busted by the preacher. Luckily, his wife is a knitter and friends with someone I used to knit with, so he just laughed and assured me his wife would start knitting the second the sermon started.

I'm glad I went today. I've been feeling lonely and a bit depressed this week, so church was good for me. And it was a great service - they have puppets for the children service! This week the puppets sang a religious version of "Achy Breaky Heart," which was just hilarious. The only awkward parts for me were when the preacher asked if there was anything I needed him to pray about for me and communion, because the church states as long you are baptised , which I am, you can participate. I felt that I should wait until at least my second time going to participate, but this nice little old man kept trying to get me to go up! I finally was able to explain that I wanted to come a few more times before I did that. I also got to see my old knitting friend. She was one of the co-founders of the stitch and bitch I helped start, but hasn't been able to go in a while because mom stuff got in the way. I hope I go back. For some reason I only start to think about attending service when I am feeling out of sorts with my life. I'm sure this won't be fixed by next week, so we'll see.

Now I have to go pretend to do more homework. Bleh!

No comments: