PG13

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday's

Sunday is thesis day. I'm not really in the writing stage yet, so I spend Sunday's reading books that will help get me to the writing stage and journaling ideas. This method has been working well for the last several weeks - I have a better idea of what I need to do and have actually been able to think about the thesis, which is a whole heck of a lot more then I have been doing in the past couple of weeks. Today, however, my thesis books are putting me to sleep. Plus, there's football to watch. While I am currently at work and can't actually "watch" the game, I am able to keep the Fox Sports page up. Since this page constantly refreshes itself, I can keep up with the score. This does not make me want to focus on reading Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day
Instead, here are the yarn pictures I promised last week.
Lorna's Lace in Safari. I love this color way, which surprises me. Typically I like more subdued color ways and the semi solids. But this just called to me. The fact that it was on sale didn't hurt, either.

This is the Buckingham Yarn. (Again, sorry. I can't find a better link). It will be used for the Juno Regina scarf, if I can ever figure out how to read a chart without getting frustrated and confused after the first repeat.

Also, I chopped off about 10 inches of hair.

I'm the one in the middle.

Ok, I'm going to try and finish the chapter on getting from the zero draft to the first draft. I know you're jealous!

3 comments:

suze said...

i'm considering getting some lorna's for a hat for ben. i'm not sure if my LYS sells it, though, so I might have to do some online ordering. It's so pretty!

Ariel said...

I found that enlarging the charts to a reasonable size really helps. I also can't read in a straight line, so I use wide post-it's to cover up everything except the row I'm knitting. Cute haircut!

suze said...

oooh! thanks for the tips! i'm hoping it'll get a little easier. i can't believe lace drives you nuts and you do such lovely, LARGE lacy projects! :) hee hee.