PG13

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Practice Makes Perfect

I spent today perfecting my long tail cast on. I know many of you may be thinking that this is a basic skill that most knitters learn when they first pick up needles and yarn. I thought so too. But apparently I needed the practice. I re-cast on for the child's first sock FIVE times today before finally getting the right number of stitches with a length of left over yarn that did not make me feel like I was wasting perfectly good yarn.

BTW if you live in St Louis I highly recommend going to Trail Head brewery and trying their current seasonal - Honey Wheat. It is awesome.

3 comments:

Ariel said...

Just remind yourself that that's the great thing about knitting - always something new to (re)learn. :)

suzyknits said...

I've been knitting since I was 9 so over 30 years...I just got the long tail cast on perfected in the last year and a half. Not saying it will take you THAT long... but hang in there it gets easier with practice!

Kristy said...

Oy. It took me a lot of tries to get my first CFS done correctly, too. Good luck!