PG13

Thursday, June 14, 2007

The waiting game

Thanks for the comments, on both the socks and the pets! Princess (the kitty) insists on laying in the middle of the coffee table when I am using it, so she was originally laying right in front of my feet. Purl decided she needed to check out the socks, and in the process put her rather large head on top of the cat, which of course crushed the poor thing. Then Purl decided the cat needed a sniffing, so that's why the cat is running away with a look of sheer panic!

I have started a new pair of socks - the Child's First Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks in jitterbug. I think it's the Jay colorway, but I'm at work right now, so I can't tell for sure. I'm almost through with the cuff. It looks big to me, but I think it's too soon to tell. There might also be pooling, but again, with less then an inch done, it's too soon to tell. I'm just going to have to be patient and wait to see.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I made a Child's First Sock using Jitterbug, too! I thought it was too big at first, but it worked out OK. I *did* need to lengthen the heel flap, though. The instep was too tight otherwise :)

Have fun, and good luck!

Kathy said...

Love the pattern AND the yarn! That pattern is on my list of things to knit. Can't wait to see yours!